Monday, November 15, 2010

Reflection for Week 3

I am impressed by the Google's search functions. I learnt about common Boolean operators such as AND which narrow my search and OR which will then expand my search. I also learnt AND NOT which restricts my search. These Boolean operators are very useful to me when I am doing my research because it saves me a lot of time and effort and gives me better search results.

Before the end of the lesson, we were asked to participate in the Facebook discussion forum. The topic is about can you imagine your life without Internet and how different your life would be without Internet. I felt excited to share my views to my classmates. The other participation in the discussion forum is regarding my research topic. It is helpful for my research because I get to know more about the topic as I get to see the different views and thoughts from others that post in the forum.

Doing citation is to acknowledge the source of information. It gives credits to the owners of the source and not to violate copyright regulations. By the way, an inadequate citation constitutes plagiarism. Doing bibliography allows me to trace back where I got my information from. It also allows others to get more details and suggestions on related work if they want to further look into the topic or to check the facts to see whether if I have used the information correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment