Thursday, November 18, 2010

Virtual Shopping on Second Life

I chose MIA (Men In Action) as my virtual shopping site.

MIA offered a lot of products. Some of the products that they offered are long shirts, long pants, pocket jeans, belts and even weapons. Cool! The shopping environment is quite awesome and realistic. Accessibility to the products and services offered are chargeable. However, some of the products offered are free. The virtual shopping in Second Life is actually not quite user-friendly because moving my avatar around the places for too long will give me a bit of headache and giddiness. The speed of access was quite fast and smooth. The help facilities provided were good as they provide more useful help tasks such as getting Linden Dollars, buying things and owning land. In addition, I met two people from other countries during my virtual shopping.
 
Below are all the screen shots that I had captured during my activities within the shopping site.




“What do you like best about this virtual experience which you cannot get in real-life?”

Erm the best thing I like when using Second Life is that I can teleport and fly to different places anytime. It also allows me to change my avatar's appearance as much as I want to, which I cannot get to do in my real life.

Comparing Second Life and E-Shopping Spree, I still prefer E-Shopping Spree that I did in Practical 1&2. It is because it is more user-friendly and convenient. I can easily find the items I want from E-shopping by clicking buttons unlike Second Life which I find a bit complicated. Furthermore, the items that I buy from Second Life are not real.
This e-learning experience has helped me learn how to use the world map in the Second Life. It also helps me widen my knowledge as now I know that Second Life allows me to create avatars to shop in the virtual shopping world.

One of the most challenging experience I faced was I am not familiar with the keys and functions as it was my first time using the Second Life software. However, after some time I managed to get familiarise with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment